COGENERATION, 870 TONS/YEAR OF CO2 AVOIDED
We have carried out a cogeneration plant (combined production of electric and thermal energy under form of hot water for the processes) in EPC mode (Energy Performance Contract), at our factory in Cantù (CO).
The plant became operational during 2020.
- The cogeneration plant allows the combined production on site of electric and thermal energy (hot water for the productive processes);
- The installed cogeneration plant covers:
- 64% annual requirement of electric energy of the factory;
- 14% annual requirement of thermal energy of the factory.
- Besides, thanks to the cogenerator, the avoided emissions of CO2 equivalent are equal to about 800 t/year.